Top 10 Shopping Destinations in Sydney
Sydney, an Australian Coastal City, is one of the top shopping destinations in the world. Sydney of having endless shopping zones that stock everything you’d want to buy. Here are some of the top 10 shopping destinations compiled by our Fast Plumbers team in Sydney.
The Sydney Paddy’s Markets and Market City
If you want affordable and quality deals, then visit the Paddy’s Market. You’ll find fresh seafood and local produce here with discounts every afternoon on the lower floors. The upper floors usually sell souvenirs, jewelry, and clothing.
- You can bargain at this market.
- Board a train and alight at the Central Station and head to George Street.
- Shops open from Wednesday through Monday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Queen Victoria Building
Queen Victoria Building is a 19th Century piece of architecture which serves as a marketplace and home to several retail outlets. You’ll find high fashion, fine dining, gourmet foods, and art galleries in this marketplace.
- Underground floor shops are more affordable.
- Board a train and alight at the Town Hall Station.
- Shops open 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sundays.
The Harbourside Shopping Center in Darling Harbour is home to approximately 100 stores that deal with retail products. You will also find snacks, food, beverage, a laser skirmish Center, and bowling alley. You can also visit the WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, the SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, and the Australian Maritime Museum during your Darling Harbour visit.
- You will also find nightclubs and bars for a night out.
- Board a train and alight at the Town Hall. You can also travel by ferry and alight at the Pyrmont Bay Wharf.
- Opens daily from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Westfield Centrepoint Tower
Commonly known as Westfields by the locals, this tower is located at the Market Street and Pitt Street Mall corner. Here, you’ll find several food, lifestyle, and food outlets. Big names such as Prada, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Versace, Mulberry, and Christina Louboutin are found here. You will also find Australian retailers such as Cotton On, Sportsgirl, Supre, and Dotti among others.
- Most shops target the rich and upper class rather than tourists.
- You can get here by boarding a train and alight at St James and Walk to Market Street.
- Shops open Monday through Saturday from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm and on Sundays from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. They close at 9:00 pm on Thursdays.
Pitt Street Mall
Pitt Street Mall is located next to Westfield Centrepoint Tower. It houses at least 600 specialty outlets, including individual arcades and shopping centers.
- Board a train and alight at St James, then head to Market Street.
- The opening time varies but mostly opens from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Newton is a unique shopping center that is home to unique souvenir shops, indigenous handicrafts, quaint cafes, and graffiti art.
- You’ll easily locate Newtown along King Street.
- Opens daily from 9:00 till late.
- Board a train and alight at Newtown.
Sydney’s Chinatown is located in Haymarket. It’s popular for its Asian food joints. You will also find great shopping deals at the Night Market along Dixon Street on Fridays from 4:00 pm.
- Board a train and alight at Central Station. You’ll locate Chinatown between Central Station and Darling Harbour.
- Opening time varies by mostly opens from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Glebe Market is home to at least 200 stalls that deal with clothing designs, art, jewelry, secondhand items, records, and books. You can also find retro accessories, clothing, and vintage items. You will also find music entertainment and food stalls.
- Board a train and alight at Central Station, then take a bus or walk to George Street.
- Opens on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Strand Arcade, located between Pitt Street Mall and George Street, deals with designer clothing, and specialty beauty and body products. The arcade also has food outlets.
- You can walk to the arcade from St James Station through Market Street.
- Shops open Monday to Wednesday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, on Thursdays from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and on Sundays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The Rocks Market
Market and art lovers will find more 200 stalls in this market. The market specializes in homewares and artwork. You will also find great beverage and food options.
- You can take scenic photos here since the market is right behind the Opera House.
- Catch a ferry or train and alight at the Circular Quay.
- Opens on weekends from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.